1. When a nurse arrives at the Pearson Professional Center (PPC) for the NCLEX appointment the following happens:
2. You should plan to arrive at the PPC at least 30 minutes before the test time. If you are more than 30 minutes late, you may be required to forfeit your NCLEX appointment and will be required to reregister and repay the examination fee.
3. You will be required to present your Authorization to Test (ATT) letter and a valid, acceptable form of ID.
4. Hats, scarves, gloves and coats are not allowed in the testing room, however, provisions have been made for specific religious/cutltural apparel.
5. Leave all personal belongings outside of the testing room.
6. Remove any large jewelry or other accessories before entering the testing room.
7. Friends, relatives or children are not allowed to wait in the test center or contact you while you are taking the examination.
8. Provide a digital signature, a palm vein scan and also fingerprints and photographs are taken. One cannot sit the test without having these biometrics taken.
9. The test administrator (TA) will provide an erasable note board that may be replaced as needed during testing. Own note boards, scratch papers or writing instruments are not allowed into the examination.
10. Up to six hours is allowed to complete the RN examination; total exam time includes a short tutorial, two preprogrammed optional breaks and any unscheduled breaks.
a) The first optional break is offered after two hours of testing. The second optional break is offered after three and one-half hours of testing.
b) One must leave the testing room during all breaks.
c) All personal items accessed during breaks (including purses, wallets, etc.) may be inspected by the TA.
d) A palm vein scan will occur before and after breaks.
e) All breaks count against testing time.