US Nursing: Texas
Nurses will find that Texas is an extraordinary state. It possesses enormous natural resources, indeed the state is not only a agricultural area it is also an industrial giant.In terms of square miles it ranks second Alaska in land area, and leads all other US states in such categories as oil, cattle, sheep, and cotton. Texas ranches and farms also produce poultry and eggs, dairy products, greenhouse and nursery products, wheat, hay, rice, sugar cane, and peanuts, and a variety of fruits and vegetables.
The geography, culture and climate attract tourists from across the world. Millions of them spend over $50 billion annually visiting over 100 state parks, recreation areas, such as the Gulf Coast resort area, the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston, the Alamo in San Antonio, the state capital in Austin, and the Big Bend and Guadalupe Mountains National Park.
Nurses and their families will find a proud and welcoming state with a clear individuality.
- Buffalo Grove family takes ‘Festival of Lights’ to heart
- Arlington Heights Park District reveals plans for Olympic Park expansion
- Rauner, Cook County assessor call on each other to resign
- Authorities: Teen pulled out of burning house was homicide victim
- The passing of a York’s Joe Newton: The passing of an Illinois legend